Author: By Harvey Walks With Hawks Doyle Date Posted:11 January 2016
There is no life without Silica! Some say that, "Silica is the most important trace mineral for human health!"
Look at this great article on Diatomaceous Earth I found on the following American website (http://www.manataka.org/page2322.html)
Diatomaceous Earth is approximately 84% Silicon Dioxide (Silica)
There is no life without Silica! Some say that, "Silica is the most important trace mineral for human health!" Silica plays an important role in many body functions and has a direct relationship to mineral absorption. The average human body holds approximately seven grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the figures for other important minerals such as iron. DE is mined from Mother Earth and is eco friendly. I have used this for years, especially for my food storage. I have also taken it internally for detoxification of my body and have given it to my animals, using it sometimes to get rid of ticks, fleas and other parasites that seem to be around all spring and summer ready to attach us humans and our brother and sister in the animal species. I have also used it to spray or powder my plants in the garden; it works effectively on all plants and you do not have to worry about poisoning or chemicals.
How Diatomaceous Earth Works
When Diatomaceous Earth is taken into the body it starts working in 3 different ways:
1st: As it moves through the stomach and digestive tract, it attracts and absorbs bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These toxins are trapped and passed out of the body. In addition, any larger parasites that happen to be in the stomach of digestive tract are "cut up" and killed by the sharp edges of the DE. All of these activities result in a much healthier body with less sickness. We often hear the phrase "I just feel better" with our DE users. This better feeling comes from all the "junk" being removed from the body and by giving our immune system the "jump start" it needs.
2nd: Diatomaceous Earth is very hard. On the hardness scale where diamonds are a 9, DE is a 7. This is very important, because as those millions of tiny hard and sharp DE cylinders pass through the small and large intestines, they "scrub" the walls. After only a few months of taking DE, the intestine wall is no longer coated with mucus and moulds but CLEAN!!
The advantages of this are:
1. Regular bowel movements (This is the #1 comment everyone makes about DE)
2. Healthier Colon. This is especially important as we get older. A clean healthy colon keeps away polyps, cancers, and ulcers. Today, many are spending thousands of dollars to get colonics to do the same thing as DE does. Many users report increased energy and needing less sleep. This is a result of all the food and nutrients that are taken in being better absorbed into the blood stream. With a coated colon--many nutrients never get absorbed.
3rd: A small amount of Diatomaceous Earth gets absorbed into the blood stream as silica. One of the benefits of Silica is that it helps to destroy bad fats. Everyone that we know that is taking DE has lowered their cholesterol by 40-50 points. Everyone is also amazed at how their high blood pressure goes down.
The benefits of silica are many. In today's grains, there is actually a shortage of silica. Years ago, the silica found in our foodstuffs was adequate, but with today's hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food. DE is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs.
The intake of silica through DE can help you in many ways:
1. Lower High Blood Pressure!
2. Lower High Cholesterol! - Most are reporting 20-40 points lower after only 2 weeks on DE.
3. Sore joints feeling better - Osteoporosis is a symptom of the aging process. As calcium in our body system depletes, our bones become brittle and weak. Taking only a calcium supplement cannot correct or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot assimilate and make use of the calcium without the presence of silica. Evidence suggests that, instead of affecting healing, supplemental mineral calcium, on the contrary, accelerates the leaching away of bone calcium and thus hastens the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the supportive and connective tissues in the human body. For osteoporosis, silica can stop the pain and even restore the bodies’ self repair process. Silica is responsible for the depositing of minerals into the bones, especially calcium. It speeds up the healing of fractures and also reduces scarring at the site of a fracture. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn silica into calcium that the bones need.
4. Healthier skin – Overseas, DE is used extensively as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica, the collagen will make us look younger. Silica helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, calluses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores. If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look.
5. Hair That Grows! - Hair is nature’s greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement (such as DE) should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, lustre and strength.
6. Teeth and Gums! - Hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Silica effectively fights ulceration and the decay of bones and teeth and also lessens inflammation.
7. Toughens nails - Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimetres per month on average. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.
• Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good.
• Silica fades age spots.
• Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels.
• DE has a negative charge and bacteria have a positive charge. It is believed that it sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in its honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
• Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
• It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, and larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
• Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects.
• Cancer cannot survive in cells that have the correct levels of Silica.
• Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
• Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
• The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhoea and its opposite, constipation.
• Silica will help normalize haemorrhoidal tissues.
In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat. Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odour binding effects. Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension). Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia. Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas. Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart's key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk. Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis. By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases. Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimer’s disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminium and may flush out aluminium from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.
Dosage: Take 1-2 tablespoons per day mixed in some kind of liquid or food. There is no unpleasant taste. Since it will not dissolve, stirring several times while drinking will prevent settling. Some have experienced higher energy levels, so it is probably better not to take it right before sleeping. No worry about getting too much--any excess silica not needed by the body is automatically eliminated through the blood stream, kidneys and intestines.
Diatomaceous Earth for Pets and Animals
Pets - they come in all shapes and sizes. Protect them with DE. When lightly rubbed into their coats or dusted on their premises, it is very effective against fleas, ticks, lice, and other pests on pet dogs, cats, and birds. It can also be used as an organic wormer and will kill any worms or parasites the pets may have.
When using as a de-wormer, mix the DE into their food as follows:
• Large Cats - 1 teaspoon
• Kittens - 1/4 teaspoon
• Dogs 100 lbs + - 1-2 tablespoons
• Dogs 50 - 100lbs - 1 tablespoon
• Dogs under 50 lbs - 1 teaspoon
• Mini dogs - 1/2 teaspoon
As pets get older, they also get sore joints. With DE in their diet they will feel better. Apply to moist kennel areas to reduce odours, dry the area, and prevent pest breeding. Deodorizing and absorption are natural functions of DE, so add to kitty litter to absorb odours and keep the litter box drier.
All livestock such as Horses, Cows, Pigs, Sheep, Goats, Rabbits, Chickens and others will benefit from the use of DE.
It is completely safe and nontoxic.
Some of the benefits that have been observed:
• Control of fleas and ticks
• Stimulates basic metabolism
• Converts feed better
• Reduces the desire to lick soil
• Scouring or diarrhoea: when fed it seems to act as a material that draws both virus and bacteria out of the body and solidifies the stool
• Reduces odour and moisture in barns and stalls
• Better coat and hoof condition
• Keeps fly larvae from developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population
• Reduces annual vet bills--Decreased Mortality
• In Cattle: Decreased Mastitis
• Dairy Cattle: Increased milk production
• Kills parasites without chemicals
• Better egg production, stronger eggs, and reduces overall animal stress
• Added to livestock waters, will prevent algae from growing
Suggested Feeding and Application for Animal Rates:
• Beef Cattle - 1% of total weight of dry ration 5% in grain or 1oz. per day
• Dairy Cattle - 1% of total weight of dry ration or 1 oz. per day
• Calves - 4 grams in morning milk per calf or 2 oz. per day in feed
• Chickens - 5% in feed, use at full strength in dusting boxes
• Hogs - 2% of total feed ration, dust or spray on bedding and animals
• Horses - 5 ounces (1 cup) in daily feed ration
• Sheep - 1% in ground grains 1 part Diatomaceous Earth to 2 parts T-M salt
• Goats - 1% in grain, 1/2 oz per day, up to 50% in T-M salt
For large animals, DE may also be offered "free Choice" as long as dispenser is protected from the wind. Your livestock will also get the benefit of over 14 trace minerals that make up Diatomaceous Earth.
NEVER feed any other type of DIATOMACEOUS EARTH to any animal, other than the Food Grade fresh water DIATOMACEOUS EARTH by Perma-Guard.
Using Diatomaceous Earth as Organic pest control
DE is a natural, organic insect killer. DE kills by physical action and not by chemical so there is NO harm to pets or humans. The tiny hard and sharp diatoms scratch off the insects’ waxy coating, causing it to dehydrate. Use DE for control of roaches, silverfish, ants, fire ants, bedbugs, lice, mites, spiders, earwigs, flies, fleas, box elder bugs, scorpions, crickets, and many other insects. DE can be used in and around the home, yard, animal housing, etc. Sprinkle a 2 inch wide border around the foundation of your house to prevent insects from entering. DE will not harm earthworms or beneficial soil microorganisms.
A Word about BEDBUGS
All over the United States we are seeing an outbreak of bedbugs. DE will not only kill the bedbugs you have, but will do it safely without chemicals. Remember-bed bugs cannot fly, so make sure bed is away from the wall and there is no bedding touching the floor. Surround each of the 4 legs of the bed with DE--this will kill them as they try to get on the bed the only way possible. Dust some DE on the mattress and bedding--especially in the creases. Dust DE in the carpets and in corners of room. Remove electrical outlet covers and puff some DE inside the walls. Keep this routine up for several days until no more bed bugs.
For control of aphids, white fly, beetles, loopers, mites, snails, slugs, leaf hoppers, and others, use DE inside your home, greenhouse or outdoors on fruits, vegetables, flowers, grains and grass, up to and including day of harvest. For dry application of DE use a duster and cover entire plant, apply to both top and bottom of leaf. For young plants, as little as two pounds per acre may be adequate. For larger plants, five lbs. per acre is probably sufficient. DE will need reapplication after a rain. Applies best when there is dew or after a light rain. It is a long lasting, effective powder. The insects cannot build up resistance. DE can be sprayed or whitewashed by mixing 1 cup DE with 1/2 Gallon of water. Stir frequently and spray/paint trees, yards, and fences. DE will not harm earthworms or beneficial soil microorganisms. Wear a dust mask when applying large amounts of it.
Just add 7-10 lbs. of DE to each ton of grain as it is conveyed into the storage. When added to grain, it not only makes it flow better, DE kills the bugs that are present and protects the grain from further invasions. Bugs cannot become immune because they are killed by physical action, not chemical.
Household Uses for Diatomaceous Earth
• Metal Cleaner: Make a paste with DE and water to make a metal polish. DE also makes a very inexpensive soft scrub for the shower, sink and faucets.
• Face Mask and Cleanser: Mix DE and water together until you have made a paste. Apply to the face with circular scrubbing motion until face is fully covered. Leave on face for approx. 2 min. and then wash off with warm water. Your face will be fully exfoliated and toned for pennies!!! Mix DE with your favourite cleanser and you will have cleaner, smoother skin.
• Teeth Cleaner: Sprinkle a small amount on your favourite brand of toothpaste and brush as you normally would. You will notice that your teeth look and feel "Just went to the Dentist" Clean.
By Harvey Walks With Hawks Doyle
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, cure or is in any way suggestive as far as medicinal advice.
First time owning lawn. Gave the team at plant doctor a ring and they supplied me with a wealth of information. Products turned up quickly.
Will definitely be getting more 8 weeks difference been using stimulizer, activ8mate, soil wetter, seaweed secrets and champion fertiliser. Was super fast delivery.
Amazing products!! The results are excellent and the prices are even better! Postage was only 2 days as well. Highly recommended!
Only have great things to say about Plant Doctor. Organic products and a competitive price, fast shipping and easy to contact with questions. Have had great results with the special mix for lawns, and my plants (indoor and outdoor) love the seaweed secrets. I am excited to test out some of the animal products soon!